CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Spring Festival-Trujillio



Once a year the city of Trujillio throws a huge festival in celebration of Spring. Hundreds of people wear colorful costumes of their heritage, participate in dance shows while hundreds more line the streets for the parade. Angella (another volunteer who will be here for 6 months as well) and I took out Arnold and Junior for a birthday celebration. We met up with some other volunteers at lunch and Samir decided to join our group for the day.

I have never seen such a large parade! We saw some of our friends from Central Biblico (a Baptist church we sometimes go to. I think its my favorite) They had lined up some tables and placed chairs ontop. They let the kids and us sit there to watch. It was 3.5 hrs long!! It was a job watching three kids durring the parade. It amazes me how many times I experiance something here and I wonder how my parents were able to do all we did without losing me. (then again there were those two times at Disney... lol.) I am very blessed to have them as my parents.

I was very glad to meet some of the men from church. You can tell the kids have a big place in their hearts. It is very good for the boys to see positive male role models, not just the madres and volunteers. I have good faith that these men are going to make all the difference in the boys lives as they mature into young men themselves.








Since we met up with Alex, he gave us a ride back "home" on the Alberque's truck! Don't work, the kids sat in the cab. We however, got to ride on back sitting in a wicker chair! It was very exciting and muchos frio!! Taxis are scary, busses are terrifing, but the bed of a truck... what an experience!! Even durring a parade we still were stared at while passing through. I feel like Lindsay Lohan at moments...Ha!

Today was really a fantastic day!!

0 comments: