CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

De Mi Amor

I am glad that I came to Peru. I am being given a chance to really get my thoughts in order and figure out what in the worl I am supose to do with my life. It will be a great experiance and I pray that I will make a differance in the lives of the children and people I work with while I am here.

Last week however, not the best. It hit me that my loved ones were really really far away... I was kind of down and out. Why, I saw a map. I know how far I am from home and have known since the first time I came here. I just kind of forgot? Well, its far. I can't swim, jog or hitch-hike that one...


That was the first reason. The second was I was pretty sick one night. I made the mistake of eating cow's heart on a stick from a street vendor. It was great, for the moment. Later that night, not so much. So I missed my first sick day. Well, that gave me a day of laying in bed and sleeping and when I would not keep my eyes shut anymore I started to really think about those miles. A few of you got some great phone calls that night. Sorry.





The next day, I had a fantastic surprise waiting for me in my room. It was from my loving boyfriend Stephen (and my loving, but sneaky "roomie" Amy). There were three beautiful roses!! One yellow (Popop's favorite), one red (my favorite), and one very pretty white one with baby's breath.

Next to the flowers was a package that turned out to be a very sweet (and mildly obnoxious teddy bear). He sings a LONG love song in spanish VERY loudly and scares me when I hug him in my sleep. He scares Tracy too. His cheeks light up and he is very cuddly. Stephen knew I was not having the best time adjusting at first and wanted to cheer me up and make me not so homesick. He is very sweet :-) So, he used facebook to email Amy and set up this sweet pick-me-up.

I can't wait until December! Oh, and I am bringing home the bear so you can borrow it and see if it wakes you up in your sleep!!!

0 comments: