CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Home Again...

My trip home has been an interesting one. Four Christmas celebrations, New Years games later, I am headed back to the kids in Peru!!! I leave JFK on Friday and hope to be back with the kids Saturday afternoon sometime. I can not wait to wrap them all in my arms. I miss their bubbly little faces.


The flight to ATL was an interesting one. I woke from a dead sleep to coming out of my seat when the plane dropped straight down I don't know how many feet. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. Can't wait to fly again.....


I did meet some interesting people in ATL who were all very willing to fill me in on the election happenings. The next few years will be a highly interesting time.


When finally, I reached JFK I ran through the HUGE airport to baggage claim where Stephen was waiting for me. He was a sight for sore eyes. Possibly the best hug ever. The drive home was terrible. in Peru you are scared for your life on the road because of the way people zig and zag in front of you. In the US it would be speed. I thought we would never make it home.


It was so good to see all of my family. I even got to see David and Katelyn!! They are both all grown up. Everyone is pretty much the same as when I left. Aunt Aggie looks younger, Dad has a grey beard (don't worry, it looks good Dad ;-) ), Mom is all healed from her hip replacement and doing well. Nana is still busy as ever, Mem is still crafting away and making beautiful things, Donna made sausage balls that if nothing else, I would have paddled home from Peru for, Fred has retired the Slim-Shady wear and discovered American Eagle, Uncle Ron and Uncle Mike came down with Martin and were able to celebrate on Christmas day, which made life so much easier for me (thanx!!), Paul makes the best shortbread in the world, and THAT is a sentence my English professors would cringe over. But, that's pretty much how this trip was.... run run run without a stop and rest. So much to do and so many people to see. It was fantastic. Minus the amount of Pepto I ate.

Six days turned into nearly three weeks. Doctor visits and medical tests later, we still don't know the reason for the stomach problems I have been having. No news is good news I guess.

My Mom's friend Lisa has given me some craft supplies for the kids and Stephens family donated some children's clothing. My sewing essentials are replenished thanks to Mom and I am ready to get back to work!!

Peanut butter in tow...

I can't wait to see the kids and hear all about how they have been, Christmas and the New Year's Eve party. I earnestly pray for a certain nine year old boy, that I get a good report from his Tia and he and a friend can come with me to see a movie or play some games to celebrate his good behavior.

0 comments: